Washington Mind’s mission is to work in partnership with our community to promote recovery and improve mental health and wellbeing.
The issues we face as a society are too big for any one organisation to take on, working in partnership with the agencies delivering services in the Sunderland we know that the demand for services far outweighs the capacity. But we can make a difference and to do this we need to work together.
The increase in demand for our services may indicate that we are helping to break down the barriers in accessing services and reducing discrimination around mental health issues and this is encouraging more people to seek support. Some of the ways we work with our community are….
- We are part of the Mind Network and we benefit from the support, information and UK-wide shared resources this brings and we work closely with the other North East Local Mind Associations.
- We have worked with our service users, carers and wider community to ensure they have the opportunity to have their voices heard and provide them with a variety of opportunities to get involved and shape our services
- We are very active in the local voluntary sector in Sunderland who make a massive contribution to improving the health and wellbeing of our local community.
- We are involved in a number of strategic partnerships
- WE have established strong partnerships with other providers to deliver a wider range of services and activities. In the Life House alone we work with over 40 other organisations to deliver wellbeing activities and support.
- We develop and deliver a quality Training Programme with a focus on mental health and wellbeing. Bespoke training can be developed.
- We have worked with a range of partners including Time to Change to challenge the stigma and discrimination that we know people with mental health issues face
- We have supported our volunteers, students and apprentices to increase their skills, knowledge and experience helping to make our local workforce better equipped
- We value the productive and positive relationships we have with our commissioners and funders.
- We host the wellbeinginfo website which includes a directory of local services. The organisations listed include many successful partnerships we are currently involved in.