Can you help us?
Last year Washington Mind received 975 new referrals and we offered 5,793 counselling appointments.
By donating just £1 you can help towards the cost of maintaining a high-quality service delivery, to meet the needs of our local community.
Fundraising for Washington Mind and help to fundraise
As a local independent charity Washington Mind rely on funding and donations to continue reducing mental health stigma, improving wellbeing and promoting mental health recovery.
We’re incredibly grateful to all individuals and companies who choose to fundraise on our behalf – Thank you! But we also know there are still lots of people, organisations or groups out there who would love to get involved with fundraising for Washington Mind. Just get in touch and we’ll arrange to drop off a box.
Ways to fundraise could include; displaying a charity tin or bucket in your building, organising a charity fundraising event, a sponsored walk, nominating us as your charity for the year, or sign up to a national campaign (e.g. World Mental Health Day, World Suicide Prevention Day, Mental Health Awareness Week). If you’re looking to fundraise for Washington Mind but don’t know where to start, our dedicated fundraising coordinator can support you, send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to access fundraising support.
Our fundraising pack is a great resource to help you raise vital funds, for more information please complete the contact form below to the right to request a fundraising pack and a member of our team will be in touch to provide you with it.
How your donation can support Washington Mind
- £30 can help us work with young people to deliver creative expression work, to help raise self-esteem and reduce risk-taking behaviours.
- £50 would enable someone to access a 1-hour counselling session, in a warm, safe and welcoming environment and an assurance that your counsellor is highly qualified, BACP registered and appropriately supervised to provide quality, therapeutic support.
- You can set up a standing order of just £2 a month, the donation will automatically be taken from your bank and this will help us to raise vital funds for our service.
- In your Will, you can express the values and beliefs that are important to you by leaving a gift to Washington Mind
There are many ways you can donate to Washington Mind
By Bank Transfer
If you would like to make a donation via bank transfer, please email us on: email@example.com and we will be able to provide you with the relevant information to enable you to do this.
You can donate to us by sending a cheque made payable to ‘Washington Mind’ to: The Life House, Grasmere Terrace, Columbia, Washington, NE38 7LP.
- If you are a school, business or organisation you can hold events such as; dress down days, bake sales or coffee mornings.
- If you would like a challenge you can take part in the Great North Run, a cycling event, a sponsored skydive or the Great North Swim.
Through Facebook, you can donate to us and we will receive 100% of your donation and you can gift aid your donation too. Visit our Facebook page and click ‘donate now’ for more information.
By Visiting the Life House
Visit The Life House, Grasmere Terrace, Columbia, Washington, NE38 7LP and a member of our team will gratefully accept your cash or cheque donation. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to accept donations via debit/credit card.
Washington Mind merch shop coming soon
If you’re looking for Washington Mind branded materials to utilise throughout your fundraising efforts, watch this space! We will soon have an online shop where you can purchase Washington Mind; clothing, keyrings, stress balls, ponchos, water bottles, bags, and more.
Annual Report 2020-2021
Annual Report 2021-2022