Date(s) - 22/03/2021 - 06/04/2021
5:15 pm - 8:15 pm
Categories No Categories
Independent Learning Live Sessions
Pre – Session 1 – 1 hour Live Session 1 – 22/03/2021 – 5.15PM – 8.15PM
Pre – Session 2 – 2 hours Live session 2 – 12/04/2021- 5.15PM – 8.15PM
Pre – Session 3 – 2 hours Live Session 3 – 19/04/2021 – 5.15PM – 8.15PM
Pre – Session 4 – 2 hours Live Session 4 – 21/04/2021 – 5.15PM – 8.15PM
You must be available to attend ALL live sessions.
Attend this internationally recognised in depth Mental Health First Aid course and become a Mental Health First Aider
Aims: 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health issues each year and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful organisation whether it is with the aim of supporting your customers, service users or staff/their families.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand a range of mental health issues (including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, psychosis, bi-polar disorder)
- Spot the warning signs that someone is struggling with their mental health
- Use non-judgemental listening skills to have a conversation with someone about their mental health
- Promote positive mental wellbeing and support someone to recover good mental health
- Guide someone towards further professional , community and self-help support
- Intervene when someone is having a crisis in their mental health
Who is this training for?
Anyone! In particular this training would benefit anyone who would like to be able to:
- support employees and contribute to a mentally healthy workplace
- support people aged 16+ who use their services (e.g. customers, service users, students)
- support someone close to them with their mental health
Important (please read before booking)
Before signing up to this course please read this statement by clicking here.
It is important that you have an up to date browser in order to complete the training online.
Please ensure you have one of these browsers ready before the training begins.
Bookings are closed for this event.