04/11/2021 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Adult Mental Health First Aid Champions 1 Day Course
The course will be classroom based, and held on the 4th of November
Deadline for bookings is 27th October 2021
Attend this internationally recognised Mental Health First Aid course and become a Mental Health First Aid Champion.
The offer is for 2 people to attend (per business/organisation) and additional demographic information is requested by funders as a requirement to attend the training
Aims: 1 in 4 workers will experience depression, anxiety or stress at any one time and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful workplace.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Recognise and understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression and stress
- Have a supportive conversation with someone about their mental health using the MHFA Action plan
- Guide a person to appropriate support and self help information
- Recognise and intervene when someone is having thoughts of suicide
- Be mindful of your own mental health
- Build and maintain a mentally healthy workplace and challenge stigma