04/11/2021 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mental Health First Aid 2 Day Online Course
This course is for working age adults, and will take place on the 4th & 11th November (4 individual learning sessions & 4 live sessions)
The deadline for bookings October the 21st
This training offer comes via Better Mental Health Funding and is focused upon those who address health inequalities across the City Of Sunderland and is available for those businesses and organisations that are undertaking the Better Health at Work Award and/or are signed up to the Workplace Health Alliance Charter. (For information on health inequalities please visit https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/media/24026/JSNA-Mental-Health/pdf/J S NAMentalHealth.pdf?m=637628965863100000)
Attend this internationally recognised in-depth course and become a Mental Health First Aider.
The offer is for 2 people to attend (per business/organisation) and additional demographic information is requested by funders as a requirement to attend the training.
Please note: this is an online session
Deadline for bookings is : 21st October 2021
Aims: 1 in 4 workers will experience depression, anxiety or stress at any one time and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful workplace.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand in-depth and recognise the warning signs of a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, eating disorders, psychosis and bipolar disorder.
- Use non-judgemental listening skills and the MHFA Action plan to have a conversation with someone about their mental health.
- Promote positive mental wellbeing, challenge stigma and support someone to recover good mental health.
- Guide someone towards professional, community and self-help support.
- Intervene when someone is experiencing a crisis in their mental health, including suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, trauma and acute psychosis.
Bookings are closed for this event.