30/11/2021 at 9:00 am - 11:30 am
Mental Health First Aid 2 Day Course for Working Age Adults
2 day course ran over 4 mornings, including 4 live sessions and 4 individual learning sessions
- Tues 30 Nov, 9 – 11:30am
- Thurs 2 Dec, 9 – 11:30am
- Thurs 9 Dec, 9 – 11:30am
- Tues 14 Dec, 9 – 11.30am
The booking cut off is the 16th November
Attend this internationally recognised in-depth course and become a Mental Health First Aider. You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand in-depth and recognise the warning signs of a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, eating disorders, psychosis and bipolar disorder.
- Use non-judgemental listening skills and the MHFA Action plan to have a conversation with someone about their mental health.
- Promote positive mental wellbeing, challenge stigma and support someone to recover good mental health.
- Guide someone towards professional, community and self-help support.
- Intervene when someone is experiencing a crisis in their mental health, including suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, trauma and acute psychosis.