24/11/2021 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
2 Day Mental Health First Aid Training For The Workplace
This course will be classroom based, and held on the 24th & 25th November 2021.
This training offer comes via Better Mental Health Funding and is focused upon those who address health inequalities across the City Of Sunderland and is available for all adults (For information on health inequalities please visit https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/media/24026/JSNA-Mental-Health/pdf/J S NAMentalHealth.pdf?m=637628965863100000)
Attend this internationally recognised in-depth course and become a Mental Health First Aider.
The offer is for 2 people to attend (per business/organisation) and additional demographic information is requested by funders as a requirement to attend the training.
Please note: this is a face to face classroom session
Deadline for bookings is : 16th November 2021
Aims: 1 in 4 workers will experience depression, anxiety or stress at any one time and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful workplace.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Understand in-depth and recognise the warning signs of a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety disorders, stress, suicidal thoughts, self harm, eating disorders, psychosis and bipolar disorder.
- Use non-judgemental listening skills and the MHFA Action plan to have a conversation with someone about their mental health.
- Promote positive mental wellbeing, challenge stigma and support someone to recover good mental health.
- Guide someone towards professional, community and self-help support.
- Intervene when someone is experiencing a crisis in their mental health, including suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, trauma and acute psychosis.
This event is fully booked.