11/10/2021 - 12/10/2021 at 9:00 am - 12:45 pm
This training offer comes via Better Mental Health Funding and is focused upon those who address health inequalities across the City Of Sunderland and is available for those businesses and organisations that are undertaking the Better Health at Work Award and/or are signed up to the Workplace Health Alliance Charter.
The offer is for 2 people to attend (per business/organisation) and additional demographic information is requested by funders as a requirement to attend the training
Aims: 1 in 6 workers will experience depression, anxiety or stress at any one time and 45% of all working days lost to ill health are due to these conditions. The average cost of mental health related absence is £522 per year for every employee. Creating Mental Health awareness and promotion is therefore a vital element in every successful workplace.
Objectives: You will develop the skills, confidence and knowledge to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues
- Understand anxiety, depression and stress
- Guide a person to appropriate support and self-help information
- Challenge stigma and discrimination around mental health
- Recognise and intervene when someone is having thoughts of suicide
- Be mindful of your own mental health
- Talk to someone around their mental health and offer the most appropriate
support using the MHFA action plan
- Build and maintain a mentally healthy workplace
( For information on health inequalities please visit https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/media/24026/JSNA-Mental-Health/pdf/JSNAMentalHealth.pdf?m=637628965863100000)
Bookings are closed for this event.